This module allows candidates to understand the concept of presentations and to demonstrate competence in using presentation software.
The Syllabus sets out the specific knowledge and skills that make up this module, as informed by input from subject matter experts from a wide range of computer societies and organisations.
On completion of this module the candidate will be able to:
- Work with presentations and save them in different file formats, locally or in the cloud.
- Use available help resources to enhance productivity.
- Understand different presentation views and when to use them, choose different built-in slide layouts, designs and themes.
- Enter, edit and format text and tables in presentations. Recognise good practises in applying unique titles to slides and creating consistent slide content by using the master slide.
- Choose, create and format charts to communicate information meaningfully.
- Insert, edit and align pictures and drawn objects.
- Apply animation and transition effects to presentations, and check and correct presentation content before printing and presenting.
What are the benefits of this module?
- Covers the key skills needed to use presentation software.
- Can be applied to a range of presentation software from vendor packages to ‘freeware’.
- Certifies best practice in effective presentation software use.
- Developed with input from computer users, subject matter experts, and practicing computer professionals from all over the world. This process ensures the relevance and range of module content.
|Using the Application||
|Developing a Presentation||
ECDL Foundation provides sample tests to enable potential candidates and employers to understand Presentation in more depth and prepare for testing.
- Download the Presentation – Syllabus – V6.0 – Sample Tests – MS2013 – V1 – 0.zip
- Download the Presentation – Syllabus – V6.0 – Sample Tests – MS2016 – V1 – 0.zip
- Download the Presentation Sample Test – Syllabus V5.0 – Office 2013 (.zip)
- Download the Presentation Sample Test – Syllbaus V5.0 – Office 2010 (.zip)
- Download the Presentation Sample Test – Syllabus V5.0 – OpenOffice 4.1 (.zip)