This module allows candidates to demonstrate the ability to use a word processing application to accomplish everyday tasks associated with creating, formatting, and finishing small-sized word processing documents, such as letters and other everyday documents.
Clearly presented and well-structured documents are essential for many different activities, and the skills and knowledge needed to produce them are required in a diverse range of job roles. These skills and knowledge are set out in ICDL Word Processing, which sets the standard for how word processing tools can be used to create effective documents.
The Syllabus sets out the specific knowledge and skills that make up this module, as informed by input from subject matter experts from a wide range of computer societies and organisations.
Download the Word Processing Syllabus (PDF)
On completion of this module the candidate will be able to:
- Work with documents and save them in different file formats, locally or in the cloud.
- Use available help resources, shortcuts and the go to tool to enhance productivity.
- Create and edit word processing documents that will be ready to share and distribute.
- Apply different formats and styles to enhance documents and recognise good practice in choosing the appropriate formatting options.
- Insert tables, pictures and drawn objects into documents.
- Prepare documents for mail merge operations.
- Adjust document page settings and check and correct spelling before printing.
What are the benefits of this module?
- Covers the key skills needed to use a word processing application.
- Can be applied to a range of word processing software from vendor packages to ‘freeware’.
- Certifies best practice in effective word processing software use.
- Developed with input from computer users, subject matter experts, and practising computer professionals from all over the world. This process ensures the relevance and range of module content.
|Using the Application||
ECDL Foundation provides sample tests to enable potential candidates and employers to understand Word Processing in more depth and prepare for testing.
Download the Word Processing Sample Test – MS2016 (.zip)