The Health 1.0 module sets out the skill and knowledge necessary for staff to operate a Health Information System (HIS) efficiently and securely.
The Health module builds on and complements professional education and practice principles, and generic ICT skills, to cover the increasingly important area where computer systems used in the health sector may challenge both established professional practice and good data management. It is suitable for all users of patient data systems, such as doctors, nurses, and healthcare support staff.
What are the benefits of this module?
- Provides a clear, easy-to-follow programme
- Provides a comprehensive introduction to health information systems that can be applied to a range of health information systems software
- Certification covers the common international HIS requirements along with an understanding of key national legislation
- Certifies best practice in HIS software use
- Developed by an international expert group of health professionals
On completion of this module the candidate will be able to:
- Understand the key features of a Health Information System (HIS)
- Use a HIS safely and efficiently
- Understand the ethics, rules, and regulations relating to HIS
- Understand confidentiality, security, and access control when using a HIS
- Understand and interpret electronically recorded data
|Policy and procedure||