Your privacy is important to us. It is EDUWEB College Ltd’s policy to respect your privacy regarding any information we may collect from you across our website, https://eduwebcollege.com, and other sites we own and operate. The college gathers and uses personal information about staff, students, lecturers and other individuals who come into contact with the college in order for it to provide education services. There may also be a legal requirement to collect and use information to ensure that we comply with our statutory obligations.
What is Personal Information?
Personal information is defined as data which relates to a living individual who can be identified from that data, or other information held.
We only ask for personal information when we truly need it to provide a service to you. We collect it by fair and lawful means, with your knowledge and consent. We also let you know why we’re collecting it and how it will be used. The college gathers and uses personal information about staff, students, lecturers and other individuals who come into contact with the college in order for it to provide education services. There may also be a legal requirement to collect and use the information to ensure that we comply with our statutory obligations.
The college will inform all students that information is being collected on students, why it is held and the other parties to whom it may be passed on.
This is to ensure that personal information is dealt with correctly and securely and in accordance with relevant legislation. It will apply to information however collected, used, recorded, stored and destroyed. We only retain collected information for as long as necessary to provide you with your requested service. What data we store, we’ll protect within commercially acceptable means to prevent loss and theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
Data Protection Principles
- Personal data shall be processed fairly and lawfully
- Personal data shall be obtained only for specified and lawful purposes
- Personal data shall be adequate, relevant and not excessive
- Personal data shall be accurate and where necessary, kept up to date
- Personal data shall be kept secure i.e. protected by an appropriate degree of security
- The college is committed to maintaining the above principles at all times.
- Inform individuals when and why information is being collected
- Inform individuals why and with whom their information was shared.
- Check the quality and accuracy of the information we hold.
- Ensure that information is destroyed appropriately and securely
- Ensure that safeguards are in place to protect personal information from loss, theft and unauthorized disclosure
- Ensure our staff are aware of and understand our policies and procedures
Rights of access to information
- Individuals have the right to request access to the personal information held about them
- Management has the final say on whether or not information will be released
- Requests for information must be made in writing; which includes email and addressed to the IT Manager
- Evidence of identity must be established so requestor must provide a copy of any government-issued identification or utility bill with the current address
- The college may charge for the provision of information
- There are times the college may be legally bound to provide information to other bodies such as the police for example.
- It may take up to 15 school days to provide the data or indicate that the requested data is unavailable or being withheld
We don’t share any personally identifying information publicly or with third-parties, except when required to by law.
Our website may link to external sites that are not operated by us. Please be aware that we have no control over the content and practices of these sites, and cannot accept responsibility or liability for their respective privacy policies.
You are free to refuse our request for your personal information, with the understanding that we may be unable to provide you with some of your desired services.
Your continued use of our website will be regarded as acceptance of our practices around privacy and personal information. If you have any questions about how we handle user data and personal information, feel free to contact us.
This policy is effective as of 17 August 2018.